Home » , , , , » Hugh Jackman is nervous about the Tony Awards

Hugh Jackman is nervous about the Tony Awards

Written By Just 10 Media on 6/09/2014 | 15:20

Hugh Jackman is nervous about the Tony Awards. The Australian actor, has done acting, producing and he has been involved in the musical theater. He has played the part of Wolverine in the X Men film but the forty five year old is feeling pressure just before he will be hosting at this event. Although he is looking forward to being the master of ceremonies at the prestigious theatre awards on June 8, 2014 and the crowd may be very welcoming to him, he is building pressure on himself to deliver. In an interview with ‘Access Hollywood’, he said:

”There’s always a little bit of pressure, but mostly put on myself. It couldn’t be a nicer, more welcoming crowd and I can say that from experience, because [the] first time I came here, I actually had never been on Broadway and I said, ‘Guys, I can’t do that.’ ”And they said, ‘Don’t worry, they’ll be very welcoming.’ I didn’t really believe [it] until I walked out and I was amazed. So, I’m excited.”

The ceremony will be held at the New York City’s Radio City Music Hall, and some of the guest list includes Neil Patrick Harris, Chris O’Dowd and Bryan Cranston, all of them ope they will be honoured for their Broadway performances. Jackman gave hints that he has a few surprises gimmicks up his sleeve for the ceremony, teasing, ”I’ve got a lot of surprises in store.”

He joked that his ‘X-Men’ character Wolverine will only come out, ”if someone’s cell phone goes off”.

Also in the news for the star, he will return to the stage in New York this autumn with ‘The River’ from Jez Butterworth. He explained:

”I’m so excited about ‘The River’. It’s a beautiful play. It’s very kind of deep and mysterious. It’s very intimate, about a man and a woman and a moonless night up in a cabin on the cliff side and it all takes place in one night. It’s about love, loneliness. It’s about everything including fishing.” (SandG)

Stay up-to-date with us! Twitter, like us on Facebook , Mail us! We await hearing from you(:.*.*.:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment