Home » , , , , » Actress Pooja [Puja] Gupta Profile, Filmography and Photos

Actress Pooja [Puja] Gupta Profile, Filmography and Photos

Written By Just 10 Media on 11/21/2013 | 15:00

Name : Pooja Gupta (Puja Gupta)
Date of Birth (Birth Date, DOB Day) : 6 July 1988
Birth Place : New Delhi, India.
Age : 25 (in 2013)
Occupation : Model, Actress.
Awards : Miss India Universe in 2007

Puja Gupta (born July 6, 1988) is an Indian model and actress. Puja Gupta was the winner of Miss India Universe in 2007 and subsequently represented India at Miss Universe 2007, finishing in 9th place.

Puja Gupta's mother and her brother are engineers.Pooja Gupta first shot to fame after participating in the Femina Miss India contest in 2007 and finishing in second place and winning the title of Femina Miss India Universe 2007. Subsequently, Pooja Gupta represented India at Miss Universe 2007 in Mexico and made it to top ten. Pooja Gupta is the last Indian representative to make it to the semi-finals.

Pooja Gupta made her film debut in the Bollywood movie F.A.L.T.U in 2011. In 2013, Puja Gupta appeared in Go Goa Gone and has appeared in the film Shortcut Romeo.

Photos









Pooja Gupta's List of Films in Bollywood

Year Title Role Notes
2011 F.A.L.T.U. Puja Nigam
2011 Chitkabrey - The Shades of Grey Anjali Patel
2013 Go Goa Gone Luna
2013 Shortcut Romeo Sherry / Raathikha
Press (TOI) and (IE):
The actress will be seen in a bikini for the third time in Shortcut Romeo. But post this film, it's a strict no-no to the outfit. The sexy Puja Gupta will once again don a bikini in Susi Ganesh's Shortcut Romeo. The actress was seen wearing a bikini in her last two films, Faltu and Go Goa Gone. With Shortcut Romeo she makes a hat trick at her bikini stint. But post this film it's a strict no-no to bikini for the actress. Puja has now decided that she will not wear a bikini in her forthcoming films. Commenting on the same she says, "I have decided that I'm not going to wear a bikini in my films again. Also, I have decided not to shoot in Goa and Mauritius anymore. I have done that so much that now I'm fed up of these places and want to explore new avenues". Shortcut Romeo is a remake of Susi Ganesh's super hit Tamil film Thiruttu Payale, produced by Manjari Susi Ganesh. It also features Neil Nitin Mukesh and Ameesha Patel. The film will release on June 21, 2013.

Model-actress Puja Gupta says she knows the importance of education in life and wants to be a graduate. The former Miss India Universe was a bright student during her school days. But after her father's death, she somehow managed to take her board examinations and then decided to enter the glamour world. While her film career has started with successful films like Faltu and the recent zombie comedy Go Goa Gone, Puja is sure that she wants to complete her education and acting is not the only thing she is aiming at. "My mother is a doctor and brother an engineer. They wanted me to finish my education and unfortunately I could not complete it. When I decided to enter into glam world, films and modelling, it was a shocker for my family," Puja, who had even got herself enrolled for a course in New York, told PTI. "Though my family is now quite happy with my work, I am sure my mother still wishes for me to finish my graduation," she said "I don't plan things as to when and how I will do it. But the day I quit these things I will go back and focus on my education," she said. Puja is aware that being a school pass-out won't take her ahead in her life and hence she will look at completing her college education. "This is a promise that I made to my mother and brother before I stepped into the world of glamour," Puja said. The actress is excited about her first romantic role opposite Neil Nitin Mukesh in south director Susi Ganeshan's upcoming romantic thriller Shortcut Romeo. Shortcut Romeo is the remake of southern film Thiruttu Payale. But Puja says she was asked not to watch the original Tamil film. Talking about her role, Puja says, "In the first half of the film, I get to play a glamorous girl and in the second half I play a simple girl, it is the same character. I feel fortunate to get to play two parts in the film." Her co-star Neil helped her in improvising her role. "Neil is a talented actor. I liked him in Johnny Gaddar and New York. It is a treat to watch him on screen. He helped me a lot during the scenes," she said. 

Source : Google Images, Wiki, TOI, IE

0 comments:

Post a Comment