Home » » How to Make Home Made Veg Soup? Be Healthy!

How to Make Home Made Veg Soup? Be Healthy!

Written By Just 10 Media on 9/23/2013 | 22:54

There is an art to doing almost everything in life. This goes from the persuasive art of being a Salesman to the art of coOKing. In my own mind, soup was invented as a way to make a delicious meal by combining left over odds and ends food into a blended hot Lunch or Dinner.

I personally, love the hot meal of soup any season of the year. Unfortunately, for my coOKing skills, no one in my family likes it but me. They do not have an appreciation for the deliciousness of my own brand of hot soup. They do not like eating hot soup, period.

For example; I love hot coffee, but my wife and daughter only like iced coffee. But, I do not like cold coffee unless that is the only drink available. Hopefully, you will like my soup recipe.

If you like eating vegetable soup regularly, then you probably will enjoy my original recipe. I add what is in the refrigerator and what is growing in my garden, from Swiss chard to Tomatoes.

Add your Favorite Veggies

You can substitute nearly any vegetable you want. But, the raw tomatoes tend to add the essential tangy flavor I like. The other Veggies contribute their own unique taste I also crave.

Experiment, and add or omit ingredients based on what things you like eating in soup. If you have high blood pressure, watch the salt though, because if you add a can of stewed Tomatoes, it gets the soup too salty. Read labels, as salt is an insidiously hidden ingredient in many canned goods and processed foods.

Here is my Vegetable Soup Recipe

*Get a big pot

*Add about a 1 Qt. of Water or fill it up 1/2 way

*Add 4 large Tomatoes

*1 cube any type of Bouillon

*2 stalks of Celery chopped up

*Handful of Spinach leaves

*1 Small Squash chopped up

*2 Carrots chopped

*1 Collard Green Leaf cut up

*Handful of Frozen Corn

*Handful of Frozen Peas

*Handful of Frozen Green Beans. Break them in half before you throw them in the pot so they are easier to eat

*Half a Medium Sized Onion chopped

*1 Cup of thinly sliced Green Cabbage

*Add chopped up Mushrooms if you like them

*1 can of Pinto Beans, Northern Beans, or Black Beans. In addition to or without the whole beans, you can stir-in a can of Non-Fat Refried Beans for a more "Beany" stock taste

*1 can of Garbanzo Beans

*Add a 1/4 cup of brown or white rice

*1/2 to 1 teaspoon (According to your taste) of Black Pepper, Chili powder, Cumin, Paprika, No Salt Garlic Powder or Granules

*Boil the water and the rice first. Then, add the other ingredients. After, turn heat down to simmer for about 30 minutes with lid on. Next, turn heat off leaving it set on stove top for another 15 minutes or so. The soup keeps on coOKing from its own residual heat, and flavors blend well during the extra sitting time. Sample as you go for firmness of veggies and taste. Make sure the Rice is done, if you added it

*Serve warm with a tablespoon of grated Parmesan/Romano Cheese sprinkled on top

*Makes inexpensive meals for days!

Chop everything the Size you Like

I have a great food processor I got one Xmas, but I do not use it every single time. I usually do chop by hand to avoid more clean-up. Sometimes I like bigger chunks cut by hand, sometimes I prefer the finely chopped vegetables using my machine.

I usually eat soup and salad for Lunch and Dinner. You not only save money, you lose weight and get healthier. I can't precisely call myself a Vegetarian or Vegan, because I do eat meat occasionally.

In other words, if my wife and I go over to a friend's house for dinner and he is serving Chicken, I do not say I do not eat meat. I eat what they serve to be polite.

I think it is OK to eat some meat or even no animal flesh at all as far as healthy eating goes. But, the moral and ethical nature of eating meat or not lies within your judgment and values. I occasionally add leftover chopped up meat to the soup if I happen to be craving meaty flavor.

Making soup is not an exact science, as I have done my share of goofing it up, ruining complete batches dumping the entire steaming mixture down the sink straight to the Ocean. In coOKing, it's hands-on and you learn as you go. This amount of soup prepared in advance, usually lasts me about four days. I hope you enjoy your Vegetable Soup!

Source :
Copyright 2013, All Rights Reserved. Steven Humphreys, Picture : Healthboss

0 comments:

Post a Comment